Sarcasm Warning

Sarcasm Warning

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Craft Stores

Let’s get one thing straight – I am not an artsy-craftsy kind of person.  Try not to judge me.  I admire those people who are good at and actually enjoy those sorts of things, but that’s just not me.

Nothing against Hobby Lobby, Michael’s, or Joanne, but I am totally out of my element when I’m forced to go there.  Like today when I visited all three.  I was on a mission for my daughter’s Girl Scout troop, and I needed a rubber stamp with a vampire theme (don’t ask).

Roaming around in these stores was awful for me, ranking somewhere between “root canal” and “walking in on Grandma shaving her legs.”  At one store which shall remain nameless, I asked an employee where I could find the rubber stamps.  Her response?  “Those would be in the scrapbooking department.”  Great, like I know where that is.  When I asked for clarification, she pointed in a general direction, which, I kid you not, included at least half the store.  Thanks, Babe, you’re a peach.

I’m happy to report I was able to find what I needed, and I got the heck out of there as fast as I could.  Next time you go to a craft store and notice skidmarks in the parking lot, you’ll know I’ve been there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to add? I'd love to hear your comments!