Sarcasm Warning

Sarcasm Warning

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Abbreviations

Not too long ago, my Dad very proudly announced to me that he knew that LOL meant “laugh out loud.” I gave him a few more easy abbreviations to decipher, hoping to help him feel more in touch with today’s youth.  The result?  He felt older than ever, and I felt like a jerk.

What we both needed at that moment were abbreviations that represented his age group rather than the Twitter/Facebook generation.  Here are a few abbreviations that Dad may have been able to guess correctly:

OMG – Open My Geritol

ROFL – Rude Old Farts Leering

BRB – Bones Really Brittle

WTF – Wag The Finger

TTYL – Try Taking Your Laxative

GTG – Good Times Granny

BFF – Best Friend’s Funeral

POS – Please Obey Seniors

LMAO – Love My Arthritis Ointment

BTW – Broke The Wheelchair

IMO – Incontinence May Occur

FML – Fart More Loudly

TBH – Total Brain Hemorrhage

FYI – For Your Incontinence

HAGD – Had A Great Dump

TTFN – Time to F’n Nap

FWIW – Fall When I’m Walking

IDC – It’s Damn Cold

IM – Imperfect Medicare

Leave your own geriatric abbreviations in the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to add? I'd love to hear your comments!